Monday, October 02, 2006

Temeraire

We talked about this one a while back... Naomi Novik's new series is getting lots & lots of buzz, not the least of which is Peter Jackson grabbing the film rights. Brandon Sanderson first mentioned these books to me, he's afraid they're going to scoop up the same awards he may be nominated for. Gee, must be rough. From what I've heard, the reviews on this trilogy are almost all positive -- glowing cover blurbs are by none other than Stephen King, Terry Brooks and Anne McCaffrey. There must be something really good between the covers. Anyone want to read the first one for our January selection? (Click on the book cover to check out the author's site.)

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Helge said...

Blurbs by Brooks, McCaffery, and King? Sorry, but I'm not impressed. And not because of the authors - I'm OK with King (not a fan, but some of his stories are good) and McCaffery (slowed down, I think most of her work consists of lending her name to books by other authors in collaboration), and Brooks is a nice guy though I do not like his stories - but because of blurbs. I've seen glowing praise showered on tripe, so what's that worth? I guess the marketing wonks still want to see the blurbs, but me, I don't pay any attention to them. If anything, blurbs are likely to put me off a book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home