Thursday, August 17, 2006

Con-less in Vegas

What is it about Star Trek that brings out the Fanboy in me? Guess it's that whole thing about nostalgia for the characters you grew up with -- kind of like the music you listened to in high school that always comes back around, right? So here I am in Las Vegas for work and what's going on right here in Sin City this weekend? The 40th anniversary ST Con, and I'm stuck either at my stores, or driving through the hellacious traffic (have you driven in Vegas lately? It's freakin' dangerous and fuckin' RUDE out there -- takes "defensive driving" to a whole new level), or plopped in a hotel room, while William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Kate Mulgrew, Scott Bakula, Nichelle Nichols, Brent Spiner (okay, I'm stopping now... the list is too long and I'm already depressed enough) are here in town, doing their thing over at the Hilton. I'd love nothing more than to put on my best scifi geek outfit (not sure exactly what that is, but pretty sure it would include my Princess Mononoke T-shirt), and go hang out with Denise Crosby and the rest of the trekkies. Oh, well, there's always the 50th anniversary con to look forward to! Right? Right??

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger P. M. Hollott said...

"best scifi geek outfit" = Khan, from the original series, obviously!

I envy you, regardless! Though Vegas has a funny smell about it, can't seem to place it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home