Monday, August 07, 2006

September & October '06 Selections

September = The Difference Engine


















October = ???

Okay, was there an October selection settled after I left on Sunday? (I was sorry I had to leave, would have loved to have stayed and chatted with Brandon some more -- really interesting guy, and there were lots of questions I would have liked to have asked him about his experiences with publishers, well, besides the one about drinking 7-Up at the bar...) I know Megan mentioned C.L. Moore, and Helge suggested Mistborn. Thought maybe Brandon might have made some suggestions... Enquiring Minds Want To Know.

And can you believe we're already looking at our books for FALL '06?!

4 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger bibliojunkie said...

Much as I liked the guy I don't know if I want to read another of his books so soon (re: Mistborn)though it was fun to have a new voice. I thought "two-handed engine" would be an interesting look at the relationship of collabaration between SF writers especially following up "Difference engine".

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger captstrange said...

Hey bibliojunkie (still love that!). I'm wondering if availability is an issue. I just looked at Amazon and Half, and the book isn't available there -- and it's also not available from the library. Though I did see Jirel of Joiry at Half! :-)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger captstrange said...

Have you heard about the new Tim Powers book, Three Days to Never? Sounds good. Of course, it's brand new - so only in hardcover...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger katreenka said...

"You Don't Have to be Evil to Work Here, But it Helps" sounds good to me (almost by the title alone)
"Three Days to Never" is on order in both the County and City Library systems but neither has it in yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home