Monday, August 07, 2006

Speaking of dragons...


Here's that book I had mentioned at the discussion, that I read years ago, Tea With a Black Dragon, though it had different (and better) cover art way back in the 80's when I first had it recommended to me and picked it up. Oh, wait -- forgot, I've got Google image search right here. Okay, can you tell the new from the original artwork? I'd take this as a good example of how artwork can not only encapsulate the spirit of a novel, but sell the book too. I mean, who the hell would buy the book from that new artwork, compared to the charming dragon that graced the original paperback? It wasn't a long story, but a memorable one. I'll have to dig out my old copy from down in the basement. R.A. MacAvoy... think I've read something else by her(?) too. The Book of Kells maybe?

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger bibliojunkie said...

That's so weird you would suggest that author. "Tea..." sound like a really cool title and that's what I thought about 15 years ago when I saw the cover of "Book of Kells" I don't know if I just wasn't getting it or if I expected something else but I was unable to finish it. However I am willing to give her another shot. I am a sucker for a cool title and front cover

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Helge said...

I don't remember if I read that book or not... I do remember noticing it. Somehow I keep associating it in my memory with Adams's "Long Dark Teamtime of the Soul." I wonder why?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home