Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Obit: Joseph Stefano

There are a few TV shows from my childhood that I remember so clearly, I can almost feel the sofa I was sitting on... The Outer Limits is one of them. Writer/producer Joseph Stefano just passed away, who worked on the original 60's series (often called the best anthology series ever done -- and if you're looking for cool creature-features rather than any sentimental endings look to The Outer Limits rather than The Twilight Zone). Also the screenwriter of Alfred Hitchcock's classic Psycho among others. Who could forget the Harlan Ellison story (doh! ...there's that name again!) Demon With a Glass Hand, The Mutant with his freakish fried-egg eyes (that scared the hell out of me when I was a kid), I Robot, or The Zanti Misfits! Thank goodness these shows are now securely on the DVD shelf for generations to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home