Sunday, September 03, 2006

Speaking of Godzilla...

...and Forry Ackerman, and Famous Monsters of Filmland... I vividly remember buying this issue of FM (issue #114 dated Mar. 1975 -- I was in sixth grade at the time) at the gift shop in St. Mary's Hospital in Tucson, AZ thirty-one years ago (ohmagod) when I was there because my brother had been in a very traumatic life-threatening motorcycle accident. While my parents were in my brother's room waiting to see if he was going to pull through or not, where he literally looked like something out of a Hammer Frankenstein movie -- all very colorfully bruised, swollen and stitched together -- I was out in the waiting room devouring the latest issue of FM, with articles like "Monsters From Japan," "The Manster," "Frankenstein Conquers the World," and "The Return of Ghidrah." Believe it or not, I still have my original issue #114 along with every other issue of FM that I ever bought, now in protective plastic envelopes... more than you ever wanted to know. My brother pulled through fine, with the scars to prove it, and obviously so did "Japan's Monsters!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home