Saturday, June 10, 2006

SciFi Movie Quotes


A little trivia for you... How many of the scifi movies can you identify from the quote? Click on the quote for the answer. Let us know how many you got right! You get more than half of these right, and you're a real aficionado!

1. “You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.”

2. “I'm the key figure in an ongoing government charade, the plot to conceal the truth about the existence of extraterrestrials. It's a global conspiracy, actually, with key players in the highest levels of power, that reaches down into the lives of every man, woman, and child on this planet, so, of course, no one believes me.”

3. “Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder.”

4. “Get away from her, you bitch!”

5. “The Martians had no resistance to the bacteria in our atmosphere to which we have long since become immune. Once they had breathed our air, germs, which no longer affect us, began to kill them. The end came swiftly.”

6. “To a new world of gods and monsters!”

7. “They're here already! You're next! You're next, you're next...!

8. “I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.”

9. “Why don't you make arrangements to take our hovercraft to Medieval World... Contact us today, or see your travel agent. Boy, have we got a vacation for you.”

10. “I'm The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury.”

11. “We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.”

12. “You think I don't know the law? Wasn't it me who wrote it? And I say that this man has broken the law. Right or wrong, we had a deal. And the law says: bust a deal and face the wheel!”

13. “I haven't seen my analyst in 200 years. He was a strict Freudian. If I'd been going all this time, I'd probably almost be cured by now.”

14. “The only good human... is a DEAD human!”

15. “How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?”

16. “The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine... can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too.”

17. “First stage removal. First stage removal. Streets prohibited to non-permits in one hour. Streets prohibited to non-permits in one hour.”

18. “The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill!”

19. “A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seatbelts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage.”

20. “Archaeologists are underpaid publicity agents for deceased royalty.”

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger P. M. Hollott said...

15 out of 20's not bad, and you hit, well, almost all my faves... did I miss the obligatory Blade Runner quote? Or are there just too many to narrow it down to a single one? Saving the goods for the next quiz?

Cheers,
Piers

p.s. wake up, time to die

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger captstrange said...

Man, you are good. Of course, had to include that one from A Boy and his Dog... which, after you & Sherril mentioned it, we rented -- and that was a fun movie! Wacky ending, didn't see that coming. And what was up with the clown make-up on the lower-dwellers, or did I just miss something??

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger P. M. Hollott said...

Who are you calling scruffy looking?

I had to guess on quite a few, but just like Trivial Pursuit, educated guesses usually pay off. And to be honest, I wasn't sure if the "Gods and Monsters" quote was F or BoF!

Sherril, are you actually living in Edmonton? I spent 8 months in Ft. Saskatchewan, working at Dow Chem, and have fond memories of the place. Edmonton, that is, not Ft. Sask!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home